Sunday, 1 July 2012

Jumping Ship

I don't think I really intended to abandon ship; I was just standing too close to the edge. When the boat rocked I slipped overboard into the water and found I didn't have the will to climb back on board. Instead I built a dinghy, and bobbed about in the ocean for a while, no longer sure of myself or my direction. There were days when I would gaze hopefully at the horizon, certain that my destination would appear before too long. There were days when I would curl up in a ball and hide myself beneath the tarpaulin, feeling that all was lost. One day, a boat drew up beside me and I recognised it as my own, but it wasn't desolate. There was a whole crew of people aboard and they were all waving at me and beaming, beckoning me to join them. I saw Tamara, and Anna, and Ashley, and Mariel, and many others including a new face. I secured my dinghy and climbed aboard. 

There is a lot to tell, my friends, but please know that I am back and I am here to stay. 

2 comments:

The Cookie Button said...

So well put :) Nice to have you back here xox

Tamara Epps said...

Good to have you back. I know life has been rocky and turbulent over the past few months but your strength has surprised and encouraged me. I hope that now you are back in the ship, your focus and direction and love will show you the way forward that is right for you.