Friday, 9 December 2011

#9 Rejection

I spent the first half of today waiting by the phone to receive the outcome of my interview on Wednesday. I was told that I would hear "Friday morning" but it was nearly midday when the awaited call arrived - that's one of the disadvantages of having a surname that comes near the end of the alphabet! Although I wasn't expecting to get the job, I took the rejection a lot harder than I normally do, and I think this was because I spent the whole morning feeling on edge as I waited in anticipation. It was hardly the perfect job for me, as I was having to compromise on location and hours. I didn't get even upset over my last failed interview, which was for the perfect job. But maybe this time it was just one blow too many. This year I've applied for countless jobs, attended twelve interviews, and only been successful once, and that was after attending an interview that wasn't even a proper interview. 

But I didn't stay down for too long, because that isn't my style. I have always been an optimist, and unlike last year, I am at least in a job where I am happy, even though I wish I could have the opportunity to do something more skilled. I just have to keep reminding myself that it isn't me, it's the time that we live in, and it seems that I am of the lost generation. One day someone will see something in me and give me the chance I so desperately want. In the mean time I just have to trust in God's plan for me. 

1 comment:

Tamara Epps said...

Hugs. You are absolutely correct - it isn't you and I believe that one day you will find yourself in the perfect 'place' for you.