Thursday, 8 December 2011

#8 Festive Anthems

I was a teenager before I was really aware of the popular Christmas songs such as Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas" and, everyone's favourite, "Fairy Tale in New York". I grew up listening to John Rutter and Amy Grant Christmas albums, or compilations of modern and traditional Christmas worship songs. Perhaps this is why these artists and tunes resonate deep within me every time Christmas comes around, and mean more to me than the ones we hear again and again on the radio. 

I currently own just one Christmas album, one by Sixpence None the Richer, which I love so much I could play it over and over again, but I also have a lot of the tunes I grew up listening to on my laptop. They bring back a whole lot of memories. Christmas wouldn't be the same without them! 

What Christmas songs mean the most to you?

No comments: