Saturday, 24 December 2011

#24 Christmas Message

Yesterday seemed to last forever, but we made it safely home in the end. I was surviving on just three hours sleep after completing my final night shift, but the roads weren't as busy as I'd envisaged, or if they were, we weren't effected. After a false start, when Spud realised he'd left his driving gloves and glasses at home, we left at around 1430 and arrived around 2045 to a bowl of beef stew and homemade mince pies.

Despite being totally exhausted, I still managed to wake at 0530 today (due to my body clock being completely messed up, rather than excitement) although I dozed on and off for a bit (and no doubt will this evening). I spent some of the morning lounging about in my pyjamas with my mum, drinking coffee and catching up. The tree is up but it's really obvious my brothers decorated it this year. Honestly, I think even Little One could have done a better job!

Spud is now helping my dad change a punctured tyre, and I'm just taking the time to type a brief Christmas message, before settling down and watchign The Muppets Christmas Carol with one of my two favourite muppets brothers. I did create a video log for today's final Advent installment but it was so terrible that I couldn't bring myself to upload it. I may work on another for the New Year, so watch this space.

Anyway, what I was really meaning to say is, I wish you all a very happy Christmas. May it be a restful and peaceful one, full of fun and cheer. I want to thank every one of you from the bottom of my heart for sharing in my adventures this year. It hasn't been the easiest year, but I've made it through, and next year is looking to be a very exciting one indeed.

Love to you all,

Kess (and Spud)

xx

No comments: