Saturday, 31 December 2011

2011, A Summary

2011 didn't get off to the best of starts. I was unhappy at work, and it was beginning to take its toll on my health and mindset. All I could do was pray for an escape route, and that came in March when I was offered a job at Sainsbury's. The job was nothing spectacular, and the wage barely enough to cover rent and petrol, but I was overjoyed with it. 

At about this time, my grandfather deteriorated and passed away at the beginning of April at the ripe age of 79. I absented myself from my last two shifts to attend his funeral, and started at Sainsbury's a few days later. 

The following months were fairly uneventful. I settled into my new routine, and took on as much overtime as I could get. Spud had to have a tooth removed in hospital, because of his heart condition, and while I wasn't there for the initial procedure, I had to take him back due to complications and witness the follow up surgery. Surprisingly, I could handle the blood. I think the worst part was Spud screaming as the injections were administered in his jaw!

Spud and I celebrated our 4th anniversary in the summer, and went out for afternoon tea in a hotel to mark the occasion. We didn't go on holiday this year, but we did spend a week at Bible camp as Tent Officers again, possibly for the last time. 

In September, after sixteen months in unemployment, Spud was offered a job, and words can't express how relieved we both were. We made up for lost time, and arranged an appointment with a mortgage advisor who confirmed that we could indeed get a mortgage. We had already fallen in love with a little terrace house, and got proceedings going with that, only to be gazumped days before we were due to exchange contracts. We weren't disappointed for long, as Spud found us a house that was double the size. We exchanged contracts just before Christmas which means the house is safe and we are legally obligated to buy it. We complete next week and the house will be ours. 

I wanted to say a personal thank you to everyone who has encouraged, supported, and prayed for me throughout the year. Thank you for being such loyal followers, and most of all, for being my friends. Next year is going to be a big year, and I may take a step back from blogging. That isn't to say that I'll stop altogether, but I think my posts will be a bit less frequent. I'll still continue to follow you guys though, and will post when I have news. Happy New Year! I hope 2012 will be a happy and prosperous one for you all!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Happy new year my love may it be filled with love and hope for us all
Anna
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx