Sunday, 18 December 2011

#18 Snow

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

When I woke up this morning, the small scattering of snow had mostly melted away, but all morning the snow clouds were gathering, and just recently the snow has started to fall again. A part of me was enchanted (I have even moved my laptop to the window so I can watch its progress while I type), but another, more practical, side to myself was displeased, not so much by the snow, but by its fiendish counterpart, ice, which paves the roads, turning them into a deathly ice rink. I did not enjoy driving on the slippery roads yesterday, and really don't fancy venturing out again tonight! So, as the words go in the song above, if you don't need to be anywhere, then bring on the snow. Unfortunately, though, like many others, I do have places to be!

At midnight I begin my first of five consecutive night shifts at Sainsbury’s. I have few expectations as I am rather stepping into the unknown. I don’t know how tired I will be. I don’t know how well I will sleep during the day. Consequently, I have made the decision to schedule the remainder of my advent posts, to ensure you, my dear readers, don’t miss out, in case I am too tired to post. Please know, however, that I have taken great care over each of these posts and put much thought into them. I hope they will be of interest to you, and enjoyed. Please wish me luck this week!

No comments: