Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Half A Dozen Excuses

I apologise for my distance of late. So much has been happening recently, and it's almost as though the more that has happened the less I've had to write about if that's even possible. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say the more that happened the less I felt like writing. 

I'm tired because my body clock finally broke... Most of the time I'm awake at 5, sometimes earlier, sometimes a little after, which means at weekends I don't catch up on my sleep. This hasn't affected me as badly as you might think. I've adapted well to my unplanned sleep pattern, and I'm supplementing my sleep by going to bed earlier, but this has in effect made my days shorter, if you get what I mean. 

I am also writing again. Setting a target for my novel has really got me working. Five pages a week seems manageable and as this is a second draft I can sometimes use old material with a few minor changes. But because I've been working so hard on my novel, I haven't much felt like writing other things, like my blog. Fellow writers may be able to identify with me here...

Finally, Spud and I, as you know, have been in the middle of buying a house, which took up most of our time and attention. While this fell through over a week ago, looking for a house has still occupied centre stage in our lives. 

It also doesn't help that my internet connection is fairly poor at the moment, I have plenty of Christmas shopping to do, and I have another interview coming up! 

So, I've thrown half a dozen excuses at you, and you may well ask, what am I going to do about it? Well, I'll tell you what, I'm going to blog every day in Advent. And if I get the time and inspiration, I may even produce another video log. 

No comments: