Wednesday, 6 July 2011

On This Day...

...A year ago, I moved into Treasure's spare bedroom. Her son answered the door to us, and Spud and I began to ferry a car-full of my belongings up the stairs and into my new room. It took several trips, but soon we were done, and we then joined Treasure downstairs for refreshments. I spent most of the day unpacking and arranging the room as I wanted it to be, while Spud lounged on one of the beds. Treasure made us salads for lunch, and then she went out for a hour or two. When I was finished unpacking, Spud and I curled up on the bed and watched a film, which finished just as Treasure called me down for dinner: salmon with potatoes and veg. Spud went home, and soon Treasure and I were talking easily, enjoying each other's company. 

I don't remember the evening, but I know I sat in my room awhile, trying to adjust to the place that would be my home for the next two years: the halfway house between leaving home and finding a house of our own. That night I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned, trying to get comfortable in my new bed. That was the only sleepless night I endured here. I'm happy. Treasure is lovely and we get on like a house on fire. And the last year has flown by!

No comments: