Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Super Brother

I am on a week's holiday leave, and I've used the time to return home and visit my family. Spud and I have been here a few days now and we're having a lovely time, catching up with various friends and family members. My parents went on a romantic get away for two nights, and returned today.

Last night I had Dearest Friend and Darling Girl over for a meal and some DVDs. I cooked Chicken Korma, and so created rather a lot of washing up. It was late when my guests left, and by that point I was too tired to clear everything away, so I left it until the morning. However, when I got up I found the washing up had diminished completely, with a exception of a few pots and pans, and my brother Dave doing up the drying up! When I expressed my gratitude he pointed out that I had made him dinner the night before, and that before leaving home I was always the one who did the washing up, but all the same, this was something I hadn't expected!

Both my brothers have matured a lot over the last year. Perhaps it's the prospect of the coming changes - one off to university and the other going to sixth-form college. I have to say, I'm very proud of the two young men who are beginning to emerge! 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Aw, how sweet!

Anna said...

I love love love your new background! It's so summery and fresh!
Oh, and your blog, I loved it too!
Every single word!
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxx

Kess said...

*Ashley* It really was :)

*Anna* Thank you :) I really liked my former lay out, but after nearly two years was ready for the change.

AML

Kess
xxxx