Friday, 8 April 2011

#31 The Future's Orange

The sun shone its approval on me as I geared myself up for my final day at work, and the blue skies lifted my spirits. I spent the first part of the day working with a colleague I've never worked with before, and she was lovely. I spent the second part of the day eating take away pizza and cake. It was a long day, but one of the nicest shifts I've ever worked. 

As torn as I felt when saying my final goodbyes, both to service users and colleagues, something lifted and I sang all the way home. It is a relief to know that I am closing the door on 13+ hour shifts and sleep-ins, and that I'm opening another door to something new and, hopefully, better suited to me. I am certain, though, that the future's bright. The future's orange. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Brilliant post!!!
AML
Anna

xxxxxxxxxxxxx