Wednesday, 16 March 2011

#8 Making Preparations

My new job is going to be very different to my old one. Because the job is only part time, I will have a lot more time. The shifts I'll be working will be shorter and earlier. I will have to get up at about 0415 in order to get there to start at 0500, and this will take a lot of adjustment, but I can think of three things that will help me. 

1. My alarm clock. I'm a morning person, so I don't think getting up at this time will be a huge struggle, but I will definitely need some assistance from my alarm clock (which is similar to the one below). 


2. Coffee. I certainly won't be feeling very awake at work, so I think I will need to set myself up for the day with a big mug of coffee. I bought myself a handy vacuum flask so that I can drink my coffee on my way to work. 


3. Prayer. Without the power of prayer I honestly wouldn't have made it this far. By having faith and trusting in God I have made it through so many difficult situations. There are bound to be challenges ahead, but I know that with God on my side I can do anything, as long as it's His will. Prayer is one of the key tools of faith. 

5 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower as well.

Ashley said...

Have fun at your new job! What kind of work will you be doing? I used to work at 4 a.m., and while it was rough sometimes, you get used to it and you learn to really love the early mornings.

Also, I have bestowed upon you a gracious invitation to come and follow my extraordinary blog. (Haha... just making fun of the first two comments).

Kess said...

*Ashley* Lol! :-) I'm working at a superstore as an online shopper (basically I collect together the online orders, ready to be delivered door to door). I am really looking forward to trying something new and making a fresh start after my last disastrous job!

Kess said...

Steve and Covnitkepr1 - welcome! And thanks for followering. Consider yourself followed back!