Tuesday, 15 March 2011

#7 Church


Again, I am lacking energy and inspiration, so I'll leave you with this picture of a pretty little church I encountered on the top of a steep hill in Brittany. It was very basic, and sparsely furnished. I don't think it's in use any more, but I could just imagine, at one time, a small crowd of locals climbing the hill each Sunday as we did that day. 

In communion this morning our minister reminded us that in a religious context the term 'church' refers not to a building but to a state of being. The building itself makes worship a little more comfortable, but at the end of the day the 'church' is the people who meet together with the mutual desire of praising their creator. 

I have received so much support and encouragement from church. I've found the fellowship extremely uplifting, and it's great to feel a part of the community. 

No comments: