Saturday, 12 March 2011

#4 Open Door

Perhaps yesterday's post was a little premature... This morning Sainsbury's texted me to offer me the dawn shift: 5am - 9am, 4 mornings a week. It may not sound like much, but it gets me out of my current position and enables me to make a fresh start. 

There will be new worries, as my income will only just cover rent and petrol costs, and if Spud gets a job that requires him to travel we won't be earning enough to justify buying a second car. But if there's one thing my current job has taught me it's that I can FROG (Fully Rely On God) and that is the attitude I intend to carry into my new position. Besides, the hours should allow me to get another part time job alongside this one, and hopefully there will be the chance to do some overtime. 

I've felt an immense relief since receiving the job offer. I feel as though for the last six months I've been trapped in a room and, unable to find the exit, believed I was stuck there forever. Now a door has been revealed and opened, and the time has come to walk through it and meet whatever awaits there. 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay! Congrats on your new job! I'm glad you are able to quit your current one. It sounds like it's been rough on you.

Kess said...

Thanks Ashley :-) It really is such a relief! I am excited about making a fresh, and hopefully happier start, and having more time for my writing!