Friday, 11 March 2011

#3 A Place in the World

My belief that there's a Kess-shaped hole somewhere out there is beginning to fade. I learned today that I am living in the county with the least available jobs. My mother claims she did warn me, and she probably did although I can't for the life of me remember. What angers me the most is that I'm not even being given the chance to reach my full potential. Because of the demand for jobs, potential employers can afford to be picky, and people like me get pushed to one side because there's always someone with more experience. I can't even get a dawn-shift at Sainsbury's for crying out loud! 

Spud and I both regret going to university. We feel that our time might have been better spent working, because that way rather than getting into debt we would be considerably better off and we might be in securer employment. At the moment I am being exploited at work (although things are improving now) and Spud has been unemployed for nearly a year since completing his studies. Neither of us seem to be able to get a job. We can't seem to find our place in the world - the place where our skills can be put to good use and we are able to progress. 

I am learning not to worry because I know that everything will work out in the end. It's just a matter of waiting patiently and making the best of my current circumstances. 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Are you guys into the idea of traveling at all? Maybe you could look into doing jobs or internships overseas. It's something I've wanted to do, but I'm stuck here with school for the time being. If you are both having trouble finding jobs, maybe this could be your chance to go on a wild adventure!

Kess said...

Thanks for the suggestion Ashley. It's something we haven't looked into, but will definitely be worth researching!