Sunday, 27 March 2011

#19 Change of Perspective

You may remember that I arranged to meet a woman about a nannying position, but unsure whether I was doing the right thing. Well, the meeting took place yesterday...

We met for coffee at a restaurant just down the road from me. I was feeling a bit downcast due to another interview being cancelled as the job had been withdrawn, and a bit anxious about the meeting ahead, even though it was just an informal chat. The woman was absolutely charming, and not the least bit intimidating. Neither of us had really prepared for our meeting, but we chatted with ease for a full hour. I was able to ask pretty much everything I meant to ask, and her answers dissolved any uncertainties I had about the job. In fact, I feel pretty sure that the job is just what I'm looking for at this point in life. I'm now really excited about the role available. We have arranged to meet up next month so that I can meet her daughter, who will be my charge if I am successful. 

So there you have it, a complete change of perspective. And a post that's a whole lot happier than yesterday's. Funny how disappointment is often matched with a double dose of hopefulness. At least, that's how things seem to be for me. I am never down for long!

2 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

I'm glad to see you feeling so positive again and hope to hear all about your transition to jobs that you actually want to do :)

Ashley said...

Yay! I hope it works out for you!