Monday, 21 March 2011

#13 Counting Down

Today was my first day back at work after a week's annual leave. I always thought that when I had the date of my departure, I would find my job more endurable, but I've actually discovered that the contrary is true. I have 3.5 weeks left until I leave, and that seems like a long time from here. I gave my notice a day before my annual leave, but now I have to get back into the right mindset for work, and that's harder still now that I've embraced the prospect of leaving. Today I was painfully conscious of every minute ticking by, and I kept thinking to myself, I really don't want to be here! It wasn't the best of shifts either, and added to that was the difficult task of announcing my imminent departure to my colleagues on shift. They were really sweet about it, but I felt really uncomfortable all the same. 

I'm sure I will get back into routine before too long, but I will certainly be counting down the days until my final shift!

No comments: