Friday, 18 March 2011

#10 What Lies Ahead

I remember a time, probably about six years ago, when I was terrified of the future. I felt that there was nothing there for me, or at least nothing worth living for. 

However, these days, I am a lot more chilled out, and basically just take life as it comes! I can't emphasise how much better I feel for adopting this approach. Even when there are things ahead that I dread, I trust that everything will turn out okay, and sometimes I ask myself what's the worst that can happen, and realise that it wouldn't be all that bad if it did happen. 

There are so many exciting events that lie ahead - starting a new job, my family coming to visit at Easter, Spud's baptism, wedding dress shopping, house hunting, our wedding - and this alone gives me the strength to get through the not so good things I have to face, which are relatively few. I return to work on Monday, and can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it, but I know it will just be for 3.5 weeks and then I'm out of there. 

These days I find myself really excited about the future, because it's so unpredictable. There are so many twists and turns in life, so many surprises, and these experiences really shape us into the people we are meant to be. I sometimes feel that life is like a jigsaw. Sometimes you have to put a lot of pieces together before you see the bigger picture!

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Kess said...

Hello Lloyd :) And welcome! I will certainly pay you a return visit. God bless you too