Monday, 7 February 2011

Extraordinary Day

Change like secrets in the wind
I hear the whispers madame butterfly...

Who would've guessed on my life's journey
I could find my way through this extraordinary day

Delta Goodrem - Extraordinary Day

I honestly didn't believe I'd make it through today. I was set so many impossible tasks at work that I felt like the miller's daughter in Rumplestiltskin, who was set the task of spinning a bale of straw into gold. But as I was fighting back the tears, I prayed about it, and who should come through for me? Not Rumplestiltskin, but God. Every one of my prayers was answered today. 

Firstly, I thoroughly engaged with the tasks I'd been set and managed to deal with every one of them as best as I could. Secondly, my client was as good as gold. She hasn't been any trouble all day (which isn't always the case). And finally I had my second supervision since starting, and my team leader had some very good news for me. 

She expressed gratitude for all that I had done - the extra hours and all the hard work I've put in - and then told me that from next month I should only have to do my contracted hours, because two of our service users are leaving, and we will gain at least two new staff. 

I was quite overcome by relief. Something lifted from me and I've felt light-hearted all evening. I was practically dancing around my client's house as I did the chores. I didn't expect to see an end any time soon. I didn't expect my way out would take any other form than that of a new job. But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've snatched the ray of hope on offer, and I feel more uplifted than I've felt in a long time. 

So I want to tell you now, that whatever difficulties you face, try and endure them as best as you can. God came through for me, and he'll come through for you too. And you'll be all the stronger for it. 

No comments: