Saturday, 5 February 2011

Eighteen Months

Spud and I are now into the final eighteen months leading up to our wedding day. It feels like we've been waiting forever, because we decided we wanted to aim for marriage even before we started going out. We even worked out a date! And when we got together, three and a half years ago, the anticipation began. For the last year or so I've been counting down until our wedding, day by day. 

We booked the wedding venue in the summer, but that's just about all we've done so far, although we've pretty much worked everything out in our heads. Now finally we've made the first move towards making the plans and preparations. We've started looking at photographers and caterers and it's all so exciting! 

I feel like I've spent the last few years waiting - firstly, to meet Spud, and then to actually move closer to him. That's almost five years of waiting. I can't wait until we can begin our life together as a married couple, but it seems like there are still so many hurdles to conquer before our big day. Firstly, Spud needs to find a job and I'm desperate to find a new job, and secondly, we want a mortgage and a house that we can move into immediately after the wedding. I've been waiting so long that I'm raring to go!

4 comments:

Anna said...

The dreaming and anticipation is the lovely part!
( And being married to your soul mate too, of course. :)
I know a girl who got married on a budget and saved a fortune by doing her own invitations and she had a one tier cake, bought from Marks and Spencers. She also did the dressing for the cake topper, cost her 13£, the cake shop were going to charge £80!
Also Kess,A's daughter does wedding photography. At a very reasonable rate. I can direct you to her website if you are interested. She is up North, but will travel. I think. LOL!
Enjoy your planning darling it's so much fun!
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxx

Mariel said...

I'm so happy for you, dear! All the planning makes it even more exciting. I'm sure you'd be a lovely bride. ;)

Kess said...

*Anna* Please do, my darling :-) I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks!

It's such an exciting time, especially as we've waited so long. Now things are finally starting to happen...

Hope you're okay sugarplum!

AML

Kess
xxxx


*Mariel* Aw, thank you! :-) By the way, congratulations to you and Tobi on your seven year anniversary. I tried to leave you a comment but my internet connection isn't great at the moment. I'm really happy for you both! :-)

Mariel said...

Thanks Kess! *hugs*