The doctors have confirmed that yesterday's diagnosis was incorrect, and although Grandpa J's symptoms could still be that of some form of cancer it's such a relief to know it's not to the degree they initially thought. We are still awaiting on further tests... Thank you to everyone who's been praying!
Spud and I have just spent a week with my family, and we go back today. I dread returning to work and I still believe I need to get out of there as soon as possible. When I arrived at my parents' house a week ago today I was very poorly indeed, and they were shocked by my appearance. I had a heavy cold, and was suffering from stress and extreme exhaustion. It's taken me a whole week to recover.
However, my rota for the coming week is significantly better (let's hope it stays that way) and I have just a fortnight to go until my next week of annual leave. So provided nothing goes wrong, it should be a fairly gentle start.