Sunday, 2 January 2011

Words of Wisdom

We want to encourage you that whatever you are going through with your family or anything else, NOTHING is too difficult for God!

He is able to do more for you than you could ever imagine or dream and give you the strength to face the future. He has done it for us. He will do it for you! He loves you and plans for you in love!

Extract taken from a Round Robin Letter, written by a former missionary whose husband was returned to her after two years of imprisonment in the Gambia. 

These words really gave me hope. So much so that I snaffled the newsletter from the bundle my parents receive each year, and copied the words into my prayer journal, as they were the words I really needed to hear. 

So many faith affirming things have happened for me personally over the last fortnight. I've had  answers to so many prayers, reminding me that I do not walk alone, but that I am protected on all sides by one who loves me. You know how unhappy I've been in my current job. I now have two interviews this week within 24 hours of each other, one of which came completely out of the blue.  I am nervous as I know these are huge opportunities, but I am also feeling optimistic and excited as I know my God is capable of anything. This is something that I have been slow to grasp, but with each and every revelation of God's steadfast love, my fear and uncertainties have been dispelled. 

I also want to acknowledge my colleague Carole (although she will probably never read this) for agreeing to swap shifts with me. She will never know how much that means to me, as this enables me to attend a reunion. This was another answer to a prayer. My worry was needless. God always comes through for me. 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That passage reminds me of Ephesians 3:14-21 (my favorite passage in the Bible). God is so big and infinite, and he's got your back!

I'm excited for your interviews. I hope they go well and you find a new job. Even if you don't find a new one, maybe you will get a renewed spirit at your current job (this happens to me sometimes at my awful job).

Kess said...

Funny you should say that Ashley. I had a good shift back so I'm feeling a lot more positive about everything. So I think you're spot on!

Certainly the recent turn have events have strengthened me spiritually, reminding me that I can count on God for everything.