Monday, 31 January 2011

January Blues

After two weeks of heavy depression, I enjoyed a blissful weekend of utmost peace, only to fall sharply back down to earth again today when I saw the rota for next week. I have been put down to work 72 hours straight over my birthday weekend (although I do get my actual birthday off). 

I've tried not to hark on too much about how I hate my job, but things have been pretty unbearable these last few weeks, and I'm beginning to feel trapped. Spud, on the other hand, feels trapped in his spell of unemployment. We have both applied for jobs and attended job interviews but to no avail. I have no more jobs lined up. 

I don't know what to do. I was hoping to find a way out fairly soon, and haven't yet found one other than handing in my notice and trusting God to keep me out of unemployment by finding me a new job quickly, but Spud keeps urging me to not to resort to this because at least one of us has a job. We are so short staffed anyway as we have lost a lot of staff and our manager seems reluctant to recruit, so maybe it's God's will for me to stay where I am for the moment. So I am hanging in there. Just. 

3 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

I think you're incredibly brave Kess and hope things take a brighter turn for you soon as you definitely deserve it.

Kess said...

Thanks hun! :-) Me too!

Anna said...

I totally agree with Bethany, Kess.
You have tremendous strength of character and work can be a real pain at times.
So hang in there darling, The Lord is always with you.
I will text you later today I've some news for you
xxxx
AML
Anna