Thursday, 23 December 2010

The Unexpected

Sometimes, even when you know deep down in your heart that God has got everything in control, it's easy to fall into the old habit of panicking when things go wrong. 

You may remember my despair a few weeks ago when things started to fall apart at work, and I realised what I'd known all along: that I was in the wrong place and needed to get out. 

And so I began the arduous job hunt again, but unfortunately my lack of time prevented me from applying for all but one job - and I needed to be four years older to fit that person specification. 

But today I had an answer to my prayer, or at the very least some reassurance that the Big Guy is the perfect time-keeper. I was offered an interview for a job I applied for about four months ago. The job is in publishing, which would mean I would be using my degree directly. Of course, I accepted the offer of an interview, which will take place during the first week of the new year. 

And so, my friends, I would really appreciate any prayers or crossed fingers!

No comments: