Saturday, 18 December 2010

Are You Ready?

This time in one week Christmas Day will be almost over. I have almost finished my Christmas preparations, which is just as well really as I'm working the last three days before Christmas. I finished my Christmas shopping last week, and wrapped up all my presents today. All my Christmas cards are written, and most of them given out. Spud and I topped our Christmas cake with marzipan, and tomorrow we'll ice it. All that's left to do is make a parsnip bake (mum's recipe), my contribution to the Christmas lunch with my prospective in-laws. Amazingly, I've managed to fit my preparations around my work commitments, and I'm just as organised as I have been most years. This will be my first Christmas away from home, but I'm really excited. I have a whole week off work from Christmas Day, which means Spud and I can spend a few days with my family, provided the roads are clear. 

I am currently enjoying a four day weekend, and have just three more days of work between now and a whole week off. My spirits have lifted and I'm feeling a lot more positive. It's hard to stay down when the world's looking all white and pretty, and Christmas is just around the corner - definitely a reason for celebrating. 

Yep, I'm ready for Christmas. Are you?

4 comments:

Anna said...

Darling little one,
this post was so cheery!
I'm so glad you are getting a well earned break.
I'd like to ring you on Christmas Day to wish you a merry Christmas.
Would you mind?
AML
Anna
xxxxxxx

Mariel said...

I miss your blog, Kess! I love this post. I can almost feel your excitement! :)

Bethany Mason said...

I'm glad your spirits have perked and now I'm looking forward to trying your parsnip bake :)

Kess said...

*Anna* You're certainly welcome to try, my dear. The only thing is, I'll be at Spud's and I have virtually no signal there :(

AML

Kess
xxxx

*Mariel* Thanks dear. I am very excited! :)

*Bethany* Hope my parsnip bake meets your expectations! It'll be the first time I've made it. I'm looking forward to seeing you!