Saturday, 27 November 2010

'Snow Fun

The snow has been falling since Wednesday, but I'm afraid I haven't welcomed it this year (call me a humbug if you like). I've loved watching it fall from the window, particularly at night, but unfortunately work won't stop for the weather. Care work continues 24/7. So the snow hasn't meant all fun and games for me. 

This morning, the weather prevented my colleague from getting in and taking over. I had just done a sleep-in and was stuck in the house with one client, and consequently facing the prospect of another 24 hours in that situation, as I was down to do the sleep-in tonight too. And, of course, there's the problem of driving on icy roads. I sat in the staff bedroom, watching the snowflakes whirl, which was soothing. I was very much resigned to my fate, and couldn't care either way. 

However, everything took a turn for the better. My client's parents live very nearby, and are very involved in her care. They often have her to stay. They took my client off my hands and said I needn't come back to do the sleep-in, which frees me up for the whole weekend! The roads weren't that bad to drive on, and it didn't take me long to get to Spud's. Now the snow fun can begin!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yay! I demand photographic evidence lol
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxxx

Kess said...

Photos coming soon, darling. Watch this space!

AML

Kess
xxxx