Saturday, 13 November 2010

Relax

Here is my personal guide to relaxing, although I appreciate that this will vary for everybody. 

Time

You can relax at any time of the day, but be sure to allow yourself several hours, preferably a whole day. 

Location

The best location is a place where you feel most at ease. I expect for the majority of people this will be their bedroom.

Attire

Choose an outfit that's comfortable and makes you feel good. For some this may be pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers. You might choose your favourite, worn sweater, or loose jogging bottoms. Now is the opportunity to wear whatever you like, even the things you wouldn't be seen dead in outside of the house!

Tools and Activities

You can use any combination of the following suggestions:

Bed/sofa/comfy chair

Cushions/pillows/blankets

Snacks - choose some of your favourite treats, or go for something healthy that tastes good and makes you feel great! 

A good book

DVDs

Music - again, this can vary. For some this may be soothing and meditative, and others will choose something that they can sing and dance along to

Face mask/make up/nail polish (pamper kits)

Craft activity

Personally, I find it easiest to relax on days when I have nothing else on, because this ensures I'm not constantly looking at my watch. My preferred locations is my room. When I relax I love to wear my pyjamas but if I am wearing them at a certain time of the day I feel extremely lazy and like to change, so if this is the case I just put my dressing gown on over what I'm wearing and that makes me feel cosy. I think it's important to feel good in what you wear, otherwise you won't feel fully relaxed. I will often spend such days reading, but I may vary this by watching a movie and knitting, or surfing the net. I may play some music in the background, and this will normally be that of my favourite or most-played artist of the time. My choice snack is usually a few squares of chocolate and a cup of tea, but I recently enjoyed a bag of pick and mix sweets - my first in a very long time! I also find having a long hot bath very relaxing. 

So, how do you like to relax?

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hi sweetie!
I love to relax, in my job there are constant demands on my time ,
so I'm always glad to have me time!
I love ( as you know ) doing all the expressive, crafty things to relax like sewing or knitting, but mostly writing.
I love a bubble bath too!
Congrats on the promotion darling!
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Частичный Улучшение домов в запорожье.http://poklejka-oboev.at.ua http://vash-remont.ucoz.ua .