Thursday, 11 November 2010

Promotion

Dear readers,

So much has happened since we last spoke that it's hard to know where to start. Firstly, I must apologise for yet another absence. All I can say is that when I'm not working, I'm either spending time with Spud or too tired to blog. That's not an excuse, that's just fact, but I'm sure you can all relate to this. I've been so short of time that I haven't rung my parents for a fortnight! Before I started work, blogging felt compulsory, but now it's fallen behind on my long list of priorities, which I'm very sorry about because I find blogging ever so therapeutic. 

Anyway, my big news, which I'm sure you've already guessed from the title, is that I may be promoted to a senior after only six weeks in my job! However, I believe this promotion is only by default. Since I started, we've lost our two seniors, and during my third week of work we were all encouraged to apply for the two vacancies, as it would suit our management best to employ someone already within the ranks. I found out the other day that I was pretty much the only one of my colleagues to employ. I honestly don't believe that had they all applied I would have been called to attend an interview next Monday. I am still new and the promotion is going to be a long learning process. Should I get the post I am going to be utterly dependent on my colleagues for their support, cooperation and patience, without which I cannot do the job effectively. 

I am in two minds about the promotion. At the moment the staffing situation is at its worst and I have seen very little evidence of teamwork and communication. There will be a lot of work involved, but now I have the opportunity to make a difference, and I can only pray for the strength and wisdom I need to fulfil this role and improve the work environment. Any prayers will be so valued. I will try to update you as often as time will allow!

2 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

I have missed your blogging so much but know that you are busy and tired. Good luck with your work and I hope you find the balance between work and rest which it seems you need.

Kess said...

Thanks hun! :) I've missed it too and I'm sorry I've been such a rubbish follower recently. I've got a lot of catching up to do with your blogs! Thanks for your letter - it arrived this morning. Lovely to hear your news :) I'll write back soon x