Sunday, 28 November 2010

Advent Again

Folks, can you believe how quickly this last year has gone by?! It only feels like the other day that I was baking ginger bread men to mark the first Sunday of Advent in 2009, and now we're almost at the end of 2010! 

The snow has made me feel so Christmassy! Spud and I watched our first Christmas film yesterday, and today it's the first Sunday of Advent. We marked the occasion by attending a candlelit Advent service the evening. It was very atmospheric, with the church yard all covered with snow, and the candles (which were far to short) setting the cardboard discs alight midway through the sermon! Lol. We sang Oh come, oh come Emmanuel, which is such a beautiful carol, and the Church of England format was a pleasant reminder of university days (my university chaplaincy was C of E - Spud and I now attend a Methodist church). I also listened to my absolute favourite Christmas album (Sixpence None the Richer: Dawn of Grace) twice!

It has been such a lovely day off, and my rota for this week seems so much more manageable, for which I am grateful, because I have been so tired recently. Tomorrow afternoon Spud and I are going to make our Christmas cake (my tradition for the last three years or so). 

2 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

Glad to hear you're having a good time - would love to hear more about your traditions and where they came from?

Kess said...

One year I decided I would make the Christmas cake, and then I ended up making it every year! Lol. I really enjoy it, and it's something I look forward to each year.

Hope you're enjoying the seasonal cheer! x