Wednesday, 27 October 2010

These Quotes Describe Me

But in the rest of her life she was surprisingly clumsy and unsure... She would trip over her feet if she thought she was being watched... She found it an ordeal to be in the street, walking towards a friend from a distance. And whenever she was anxious or too self-conscious her hand would rise repeatedly to her forehead to brush away an imaginary strand of hair, a gentle, fluttering motion that would continue long after the source of stress had vanished


From On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan


I worried so much about how I looked and whether I was doing things right, I felt half the time I was impersonating a girl instead of actually being one


From The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd


How literature can capture our feelings and personalities from time to time!

No comments: