Tuesday, 5 October 2010

First Day

'You take a deep breath and walk through the doors 
It's the morning of your very first day'

Taylor Swift - Fifteen

You may like to know that I survived my first day at work, but if I believed my employers incapable of any further cock ups then I was very wrong. Do you remember, I mentioned the other day that they rang and changed the location for my induction? Well, they changed it again, but it was too late for them to notify me! I went where they told me to go, and then had to cross the city to the original location. 

Luckily, from then on, things went smoothly. I've got my hours for the week, and I'm fairly pleased with them. I've also met the girls I will be supporting, and I went to the gym with two of them! They are more capable than the students I was supporting in my last post, so there will be different challenges along the way. I think I am going to enjoy working there, but I will still be looking for something more suitable to my circumstances as the shifts are long (sometimes up to 13 hours) and I'm not sure that this is the sort of thing I want to do long term. 

No comments: