Friday, 10 September 2010

Unwinding

This morning I watched 'Little Women' which is probably my all time favourite film. Although I haven't seen it in a couple of years, I was surprised by how much I could remember of it. I found I instinctively knew what scene to expect next, and I also knew a lot of the lines off by heart. It's the one film that I can't watch without coming close to tears. Both book and film spark off my longing for a sister. I want to watch 'Little Women' again before I leave, but unfortunately I'm prevented from doing so by the fact that the video remote has gone awol, and without it I can't rewind the video!

Then, this afternoon, I had lunch with Golden Girl and her sister. Golden Girl is probably my oldest friend. We've known each other since we were about three as we went to playgroup together. She's currently studying for a degree in nursing, and returns to university the day after tomorrow, so it was nice to catch her before she went away. She's a lovely girl with the sweetest temperament (as is her sister), and she's always been a really good friend.

2 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

Absolutely love that film as well - though I didn't appreciate the book so much on the second time around as it sounded way too preachy for my personal tastes. Glad to hear you're having a good time back home.

Kess said...

Thanks Bethany! I hope all is well with you and you and you're still enjoying your time at home too x