Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Outlive Your Life


Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado, certainly met my expectations. When I read the opening chapter, in which Lucado addresses various world issues requiring our attention, I thought the book was going to be one big guilt trip, but it wasn't at all. The book isn't condemning in the least, but has the potential to provoke its readers into taking action. Lucado is positive and encouraging, and demonstrates that even the smallest act can change one person's life for the better.

Outlive Your Life is both readable and accessible. Each chapter is short but sweet, and follows a similar format. Lucado focuses on the book of Acts and the ministry of the apostles, suggesting how we too can administer to the needs of others in our daily lives. Outlive Your Life is a truly inspiring read, full of achievable ideas about how we can glorify God by serving people in need. The book contains a Discussion and Action Guide to encourage us to put what we've just read into practice. I came away from it with a real passion to do my part, and fully intend, in the coming weeks, to find out where my help is needed.

I review for BookSneeze

No comments: