Saturday, 25 September 2010

My Environment

I have been living in my new accommodation for nearly three months now, and felt it was time to give you a little preview.

The first thing you will probably notice is that there are two beds. Treasure has been having people to stay for over 50 years, and normally her visitors come in pairs. Her visitor's book dates back to 1953. For the last 40 years she's taken in foreign students, who come to stay for a couple of weeks at a time. She's had to put this on hold for the time being, but I don't think she minds having more of a longterm visitor.


I normally sleep in the bed nearest the window (the one on the right) but ever since an eight-legged intruder (a big one at that) was last seen disappearing down the side of the bed, I have taking temporary residence in the other bed. Treasure is quite old fashioned in her ways. I don't have a duvet on my bed, but a sheet and a pile of blankets. The sheets get changed every 5 days, whereas back at home bedding was normally washed and changed every other week.


I have a lot of storage space. There are three built in wardrobes, plus drawers beneath the beds, and a bedside cabinet, all of which are very handy indeed!


My DVDs and CDs have taken residence beneath the dressing table. My mum knitted the two cats for me many years ago!


I have a table and two chairs, which are essential for my writing. Behind the table is a small alcove that functions as a bookshelf. I can just about fit all my books on there (well, all the books I brought with me - there are boxes and boxes at my parents' house).


My bedroom window overlooks the garden.



The rest of the house is fairly unimportant, although I am welcome to use any of the rooms. Treasure and I eat breakfast and lunch in the conservatory, and dinner in the dining room which also functions as a sitting room. The piano occupies what should really be the sitting room, so I think of it as the music room. Treasure doesn't use this room much, although she does play the piano occasionally. The room is at the front of the house and overlooks the tennis courts. I've been spending a fair bit of my spare time here recently, either playing the piano or waiting for Spud to arrive.

3 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

Love this post - fulfills all my nosiness for a little while :)

Kess said...

Hehe, thought you would like this one Bethany!

anna said...

I love this house so much! So retro, and a treasure trove indeed. Oh and you are in it, so it gets a whopping 5*'s from me.
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxx