Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Life Without You

If you weren't a part of my life, it's unlikely that my family would've eaten out tonight (a Wednesday). Most probably I would've gone to work at 4, and tumbled straight into bed on returning at 10 or 11 - no prospect of talking with you on the phone long into the night. Even if we had eaten out I would probably have pretended to myself that the young waiter's smile was for me. I would probably still be moping about the fact that I wasn't invited to a friend's wedding at the weekend (especially as I was the only one from that group of friends not to be invited). I wouldn't anticipate the long journey home to you tomorrow, or experience the small pang at leaving my loved ones behind. I would be wondering where my life was going, and what was waiting for me beyond the horizon without any certainty.

Conclusion: my life is considerably better for knowing you - I thank God for you every single day.

2 comments:

Mariel said...

Aww. You're so sweet, Kess. I wish he reads this. :)

Kess said...

Thanks Mariel! :) I'll send him the link and tell him you said so! Lol