Monday, 23 August 2010

A Year Ago Today

The Passing Place came into existence a year ago today. Spud and I, along with my family, had just arrived back from Brittany after a virtually sleepless night on board a ferry. Unusually for me I got the best night's sleep of the six of us, and so instead of falling into bed like everyone else I was alert and eager to begin work on my new idea. So while Spud lay, within reach, on my bed, I sat at my desk working away at my laptop.

I know a year doesn't sound like a huge feat. Most of the bloggers I follow have been blogging for considerably longer. But my previous blog died at eight months, while The Passing Place has really become something and is still going strong. And I've made some good friends along the way.

The Passing Place has become something I am really quite proud of. Here's to another year of blogging!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Blogging Birthday!

I've enjoyed your blog so much since I found it several months ago. I feel as if I can really relate to many of your posts. Thanks for your friendship and companionship in the blogging world.

Here's to many more happy blogging birthdays!

:-)

Bethany Mason said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday. Congratulations - a year is a long time even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes and you should be proud of your achievement. Hope The Passing Place stickes around for many more years x

Mariel said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely blog, Kess! I'm so thankful I met you in this blogging world. Hope you have more blog birthdays to come! :D

Kess said...

*Sarah* Thank you so much. I can definitely say the same about you and your blog! Thank you for all your friendship and support too!

*Bethany* Thank you! And thanks so much for being a part of my blogging community. You have always been there and that means a lot!

*Mariel* I am so thankful too! I have made so many friends through blogging and I am so glad to have found you. I wish you and your blog good health too!