Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Challenging Myself

I'm sure most of you know by now that I am keen to challenge myself! This month I decided to challenge myself to try/do something new, and ended up trying 5 new things without even meaning too.

Firstly, thanks to camp, I ended up trying 2 outdoor activities. One of these was archery - something I've been wanting to try for years. It definitely met my expectations and I'd love to do it again. I also had a go at 'high ropes' which was a series of activities that took place several feet off the ground. I am not afraid of heights but as I've never done high ropes before I felt it was wise to start with the activity that was furthest away from the ground. I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my body when, safely strapped into my harness, I began to climb. It was frightening but it was also thrilling. When I was lowered to the floor once more the woman supervising us asked me if I'd done high ropes before, and I was able to say honestly that I'd never done anything like it!

Secondly, I tried two new food items. One of these was fig, and the other rhubarb. I'm not a fussy eater at all and will eat most things, so this wasn't a huge deal.

Finally, and unintentionally, I went to church alone for the first time. Ever. This was due to Spud oversleeping, and may not sound like much, but remember, I have only been going to this church for a few weeks, and haven't yet forged any real friendships there. It was all okay anyway, because there's a group of elderly ladies whom we often chat with, and they beckoned me over to their table when we were drinking tea and coffee after the service.

If you have any ideas what outrageous thing I should do in September then please let me know!

No comments: