Thursday, 22 July 2010

Routine

There's nothing like routine to make the weeks fly by. It hasn't taken me long to settle into my new routine. Most mornings I get up between 8 and 9, or earlier if I'm attending an interview, or an appointment at the job centre. I usually eat breakfast (cereal, followed by toast with homemade jam, and tea) with my landlady, and then set out to the library across the road. The library computers can be rather temperamental, and seem to take a strong dislike to blogger. Yesterday, when I was commenting on someone's blog, internet explorer decided to open tab after tab after tab, and so I was forced to end my session 6 minutes after logging in! This is not the first occurrence. The library is closed on Sundays and Mondays. On Sundays Spud and I go to church.

I normally see Spud in the afternoon or evening (he's not normally awake before midday!) so the rest of the morning is spent filling out job applications, or reading. I always have something to keep me preoccupied. If I am around, I will eat lunch (always salad) with my landlady. She is a very busy lady indeed! She often plays the piano for the midweek communion or the lady's meeting, and she also makes jam, which she sells in aid of Romania.

Sometimes Spud and I go out, or we stay in and watch DVDs. I eat dinner with my landlady between 6.30 and 7, and then I do the washing up as I believe the person who makes the dinner shouldn't have to wash up afterwards. It also makes me feel at home, because I was always the one to do the washing up. The rest of the evening is spent reading or filling out job applications, depending on my mood or motivation.

I know this routine will change once I get a job. Hopefully once this happens I will make some friends - some people to hang out with and meet for coffee. I miss my friends, but at the same time I haven't felt lonely so far, which is the main thing.

2 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

Glad to hear you have a routine - you sound so disciplined and it's making me feel so lazy. Are you doing any writing at the library or just reading?

Kess said...

I do all my writing at home on my laptop. I just use the library for surfing the net. It's surprisingly difficult to concentrate with so many people around me!