Saturday, 24 July 2010

Out of Character

Last night I behaved slightly out of character and poured myself a second glass of wine, although I'm paying for it this morning. This had nothing to do with the two rejections I received in the post. It was a Friday night and I hadn't been out with my friends for weeks. I just wanted to have that second glass and unwind in front of a girly movie (which I did), when normally I would've worked on my novel, applied for jobs or looked through the various paperwork I've acquired from the job centre.

Consequently, I woke up at 3.30am after only four hours sleep, and couldn't get back to sleep. My arms and legs ached and my tummy felt rather peculiar. I was still feeling the effects of my two glasses of wine, and I was desperate for a glass of water. I didn't regret taking a night 'off' though, but perhaps I should have just stuck to the one glass of wine.

I don't know that there's a point to this post. Perhaps it's simply that it's okay to behave out of character sometimes, although in moderation!

3 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

Lol, the second glass is always a killer with wine (personally I have difficulty holding one). What you're experiencing is completely normal and at least you had a good? night.

Mariel said...

Ooh. Looks like you had a pretty rough night.. Anyway, I think it's completely normal to be out of character sometimes. ;)

Kess said...

*Bethany* Yes, it was a good night. It was nice being able to relax in front of an upbeat film. Believe it or not I don't do that enough!

*Mariel* I agree! Thanks for the reassurance :)