Saturday, 17 July 2010

How I Live Now

Okay, it's Saturday morning and it looks as though I'm stuck in the library for a bit, as it's just started to rain and I haven't brought a coat. I live about a minute away from the library but it's raining so heavily I'll get soaked to the skin in that time! So what a good opportunity to post a blog!

It's strange how even though I'm currently unemployed I still don't seem to have any time to spare! I suppose I'm one of these funny people who can never sit still and chill out. I always have to be doing something, whether working on my novel or my latest knitting project. Also, I get to see Spud everyday which can be time consuming (although in a good way). Some days we go out, and on others Spud just comes round for a few hours and we watch DVDs.

Today is the first day in two months that I don't get to see Spud at all. He's off to London for some car show. I could have come along but the entry fee is very expensive, and it would have been a very boring day for me, as I'm not interested in cars at all.

I am waiting to hear from my most recent job interview. It is for a post as sixth-form house mistress at a boarding school, but I was told I wouldn't hear from the school until the end of the month. It is a job that I would really love as it appeals to my creative side. The only problem is that it would mean I would be away from Spud five days a week during term time. So it's really a case of wait and see. In the mean time, I have another job interview on Monday.

I am loving my new life here, and my new routine. I love being so near to Spud. I love this new level of independence and freedom. I love my new church. I love that I can hear the shrill cries of the house-martins every morning and evening. I love that everything just seems to be falling into place. I love that I have a wonderful God who has given me no reason to worry. I still have ups and downs, but for the moment everything is good.

The sky has cleared, but before I go I'd like to say a belated Happy Birthday to my dear friend Anna! If you have a moment please visit her blog and wish her many happy returns!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you're loving living on your own! What a fun time of life!

Anna said...

LOVED this post!
Well. I love you so when you are happy, I am!
Thanks for the birthday wishes you sweetheart, you !
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxx

Kess said...

*Ashley* Thanks! Yes, it is such an exciting time!

*Anna* You're very welcome, angel! I love it when you're happy too!

AML

Kess
xxxx