Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Anticipation

Results day has been and gone, and Kess does not have her result :( :( :(

Results day crept up on me stealthily. I knew it was the 12th, but for some reason I had convinced myself that it was a Tuesday. So I woke up on the morning of the 12th without those familiar feelings of anticipation. Actually, I did, but for a completely different reason (I had another interview that morning).

It wasn't until my friend texted me that afternoon that I realised that it was a day unlike any other. The day I found out what class degree I had achieved. My friend achieved a well deserved first class.

It didn't help that the library is shut on Mondays, so I had to wait until Spud rang. However, my mum rang before he did and was more than happy to help me out. So I gave her various usernames and passwords, and a few minutes later we were on the results page.

My modular results were listed individually and my mum read those out (all firsts for my English modules, and seconds for creative writing). However, when she scrolled to the bottom there was no overall result. Instead, it said that due to an error, the exam board had not come to a decision.

Can you imagine how crushed I felt?! I was advised to contact registry (which I did, by email) but received no reply, so I intend to phone this afternoon for an explanation, and perhaps even some enlightenment! It's hardly fair that I am the only girl from my university not to receive my degree, and not even to be given some indication whether I will received my result in the near future!

So hopefully I will find out soon enough, and in the mean time I will keep you posted. Sorry about my absence. This last week has been a busy one. The last two occasions I was at the library I didn't have a chance to post. I was at Spud's over the weekend, and yesterday I was out all day (attending an informal interview that didn't actually take place, but that's another story).

No comments: