Sunday, 20 June 2010

My Father

He is the most selfless man I know. He is generous with his time, even though as a teacher he does not have much to spare for himself. He is a hard worker, both at work and at home. He often spends weekends ferrying people about, doing the shopping, working in the garden, writing reports or planning, and cooking. I rarely see him out of work mode, or relaxing. 


He is quiet and reflective, but has a fantastic sense of humour. He is patient and kind. I have inherited so many of his interests and qualities, and I often see myself in him. I look up to him and love spending time with him. I miss being with him today, but enjoyed hearing his voice on the phone this afternoon. 


He is a loving and dedicated husband and father, and deserves to be acknowledged for all that he does, not just today but everyday. Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sob.
Now you've gone and made me all teary.
What a really beautiful post Kess.
I'm sure your dad adores you!
( Loved the photos!)
AML
Anna
xxxxxxx

Kess said...

I think my phone call meant a lot to him, but it meant a lot to me too. It was nice to hear his voice again.

Hope you had a good weekend my lovely! :)

AML

Kess
xxxx