Wednesday, 5 May 2010

The Last Song

I spent the afternoon with Dearest Friend. She invited me to see 'The Last Song' with her - her treat - but we went into town a few hours before the performance, and had a little mooch around the shops. Strangely it was me doing all the purchasing today. I ended up buying a CD, two pairs of shorts, a skirt and a dress. Usually Dearest Friend is the one to leave the shops laden with bags! 

'The Last Song' exceeded our expectations by far. Neither of us are big on Miley Cyrus and we did wonder if, despite the film being based on the book by Nicholas Sparks, the film would consist mostly of her singing. However, she only sang the once and that was very, very casually. She did a great job, and certainly fit her role well. We were also impressed by the funny and moving performance of Bobby Coleman (her on-screen brother). 'The Last Song' is just about the only Nicholas Sparks book I haven't yet read, so I knew nothing of the storyline. It followed a typical Nicholas Sparks plot, but had its twists and turns which kept us riveted. I think Dearest Friend and I agreed that we liked the film even more than 'Dear John'. I'd definitely recommend it to you!

5 comments:

Mariel said...

I've read "The Last Song". I liked it. I was actually a bit disappointed when I learned that Nicholas Sparks wrote it with Miley in mind. Like you, I'm not a fan of hers. Having said that, I'm still excited to watch the movie!.. Glad you and your friend enjoyed it. :)

Anna said...

Sob.
I want to go to the movies with you !
Glad you had a great time tho sweetie...
AML
Anna
xxxxxx

Kess said...

*Mariel* We weren't expecting much either, and were pleasantly surprised! Was the book any good?

*Anna* Me too! :)

AML

Kess
xxxx

Bethany Mason said...

I've seen the advert but wasn't sure if I wanted to see it because it has Miley Cyrus in it but after reading this it is on my 'to see' list :)

Kess said...

It's definitely worth a see! Glad my review has convinced you :)