Sunday, 16 May 2010

Counting my Blessings

She is my blessing:


(the girl on the right)

As are they:


As are they:




(although not sure about the guy on the right - sticking out his tongue - whom I met for the first time last night - and probably won't see again)

They are my blessings:


He is definitely a blessing:


All my uni friends, all my work colleagues, all my church acquaintances, all my facebook friends...

They are all blessings. 

And you, dear reader, you are a blessing to me...

I am so thankful for all these people. I am a very blessed woman. 

This is the song in my heart today:


Blessed be Your name
In a land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in Lord
Still I will say:

Blessed be the name of the Lord...

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be your name

Blessed be the name of the Lord...

Matt Redman - Blessed be Your Name

5 comments:

Sarah said...

This was so beautiful, Kess :-)

I am so blessed to have met you and all of my other faithful readers through blogging. Of course, I consider you ladies to be more than readers...you're very special friends.

xoxo
Sarah

Kess said...

*Sarah* Thank you! I've made so many friends on here too! I'm really glad I clicked follow when I found your blog! x

Anna said...

And you , my darling Kess,
are not only a blessing to us all,
but one I count every day.
AML,
Anna
xxxxxxxxx

Ashley said...

I love that song! You are a blessing to me as well!

Kess said...

*Anna* Thank you sweetpea :) You know I think the same of you. AML, Kess xxxx

*Ashley* Yes, it's so awesome! I think it's one of my all time favourite worship songs!