Saturday, 1 May 2010

Body Clock

One of the things I missed last month was blogging more than once in a day. I know there was nothing to stop me doing just that but I am rather pedantic. I entitled each of my posts last month with a number, 1-30, and to include another post would have ruined the precision and consistency of this. 

After four days of ridiculously early starts, all I wanted to do today was enjoy a long lie in, but unfortunately my body clock has adapted to waking up early and I woke up at 7.18am today! It could also be because my curtains are very thin and emit the light. I didn't go to bed especially early, but I did have my first good night's sleep in a while, which is the main thing! 

Thursday's lecture inspired me to give Laurence Sterne's The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman another go. If you remember, I got 100 pages in and gave up on it a few weeks ago - the first book I've given up on in years. I found it extremely frustrating to read because the narrator digressed so much that he never seemed to get anywhere with the narrative! Having learned that this was the point of the book, I have begun where I left off with a new mindset, and consequently my reading experience has been more pleasurable positive. It's not really an enjoyable read. I find that it's one I tune in and out of. But I am now almost two thirds of the way through, and it's growing on me. Apparently, on each reading it improves, and by the third reading it becomes quite a hilarious read, but I certainly have no intention of reading it more than once!

No comments: