Tuesday, 6 April 2010

#6 Award Ceremony

Over the last few days my blog has received quite a bit of recognition. On Sunday Bethany of Empty Thoughts, Rewritten featured The Passing Place in her regular 'Sunday Shout Out'. Then, last night I received my first ever blogging award! It's nice to be appreciated, don't you think?

My dear friend, Anna of Beyond the Misty Stars nominated me for this Friendship Award:


(Click on the image to go to the link!)

The award says: “These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.”

Anna is one of my very first blogging friends, and I met her shortly after The Passing Place came into existence. I was searching randomly for a few blogs to follow, and was completely blown away by her words. It wasn't long before we became firm friends after discovering our numerous similarities. Anna almost always comments on my blog, and we sometimes email each other. Her comments and messages are always uplifting and encouraging, and she never fails to make me smile. Her friendship means a lot. Thank you Anna for the nomination, but more importantly, thank you for your friendship. 

I'm not quite sure how this works, but I am now going to make a few nominations of my own. I would pass the award on to Anna, as the specification is really fitting, but she nominated me in the first place. So as not to lose spontaneity and originality, I am going to wait until I find an award especially for her! I would like to pass the friendship award on to:

1. Bethany of Empty Thoughts, Rewritten and Empty Dreams, Displayed. If you read Bethany's most recent Sunday Shout Out, you'll know that she and I know each other in the real world - she is Spud's older sister! We have become good friends, both through hanging out in person and through blogging. 

2. Mariel of Unabashed Honesty. I've been following Mariel's blog for a while now and feel like I know her quite well! She always replies to my comments, and is a frequent visitor of The Passing Place. 

3. Sarah of This Unfinished Life. I started following Sarah's blog towards the end of last year, and she's another blogger I've built up a friendship with. 

To those who have been nominated, copy the image (you can click on the image to go to the link) and pass it on to any blogger you like, especially if they fit the specification of the award. 

5 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

Yay, my first blogging award - thank you so much Kess

Anna said...

Thank you darling Kessie,
for the lovely post,
Wow, it's great that the awards are going around!
I love it.
Ooh and now I get to read Spud's sister's blog
too.
I can follow her!
Have a lovely Easter Tuesday sweetheart.
AML
Anna
xxxxxxx

Kess said...

*Bethany* You're very welcome :) You deserve it!

*Anna* That's okay :) I think Bethany's sending the awards to three chosen blogs too, so the award will get around. I would've given the award to you too, but I thought as you nominated me it would be more meaningful to wait awhile and find one especially for you :)

Happy Easter Tuesday to you too, darling.

AML

Kess
xxxxxxxx

Mariel said...

You're very sweet, Kess! This is the first time I got nominated for a blogging award.. Thank you so much for being my friend. *hugs*

Kess said...

You're welcome Mariel :) Thank you for your friendship too - it means a lot! :) *Hugs back*