Sunday, 4 April 2010

#4: Day of Celebration

'Same power that conquered the grave lives in me, lives in me,
Your love that rescued me lives in me, lives in me'
- Hillsong  'You are Here' -

I believe in the one prophets spoke of hundreds of years before his birth. I believe in the baby that was born to a virgin in a stable. I believe in the man who resisted temptation in the desert. I believe in the man who had great compassion for everyone. I believe in the man who spoke the truth, even though it wasn't what people wanted to hear. I believe in the teacher who taught in parables. I believe in the physician who gave sight to the blind, enabled the lame to walk again, and healed people who were wounded internally, just by a touch of his hand. I believe in the man who had the authority to cast out evil spirits, and calm great storms. I believe in the man who fed five thousand plus from a young man's packed lunch. I believe in the man who brought the dead to life. I believe in the man who was loved by some, hated by others. I believe in the man who was betrayed, tortured, and nailed to a cross in the place of a murderer. I believe in the man who died a long and excruciating death, because he loved us and wanted us to be free from sin. I believe in the man who was buried in a heavily guarded tomb. I believe in the man who rose again on the third day. I believe that man was the son of God. 

'I don't know about you but I am here today to celebrate God
In every song we sing and every game we play, we celebrate God'

(The above are lyrics from a song we sang in church today. It was an action song, and I confess, I really, really loathe action songs. Often the lyrics are quite cheesy, but I felt these were really quite meaningful. I'm afraid I can't acknowledge the writer of the song because despite searching for it on google, I couldn't find any relevant results.)


Happy Easter! Let's celebrate!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hello darling!
This was a lovely post Kess,
and you are an amazing christian.
I admire your faith so much.
Sorry I didn't get commenting yesterday, it's been
* quite* the weekend over at ours lol.
Gosh girl our similarities grow by the minute.
I detest action songs too!
( they bring me out in a nervous rash. Literally. LOL
Bloved likes all the old hymns anyway.
Not long to go now with your work.
Chin up, petal.
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxxxx

Kess said...

Hi poppet :) That's okay. You always leave me such lovely comments. We really are alike, you and I :)

I hadn't been to church in a few weeks and my spiritual cup was feeling pretty dry, so I was positively glowing when after yesterday's service.

The work is coming on better than I thought it would, as you will shortly find out in today's post :)

AML

Kess
xxxxxxxx