Wednesday, 28 April 2010

#28 Sonnet

Today is a busy day in preparation for my big day tomorrow. I wish I could tell you why but I want it to be a surprise, so I am going to keep you in suspense for another 24 hours or so... In the mean time, I am going to share a poem with you. I discovered it yesterday amongst my documents, expecting it to be recycling bin material, but I was pleasantly surprised! I can't even remember writing it, although I must have written it in the last three years because that's how long I've had my laptop for! It contains the fourteen lines of the sonnet form, but lacks rhyme and rhythm. I think it's better that way. 

The spontaneity means that we will never be
Fully sure of where we are meant to be going
When the road guides us from where
We want to be, and into some dark and
Forsaken place where we are swallowed up.
We will always have our ups and downs
But through it all we will always remember
The people: how they made us smile,
How they made us cry, how they made us laugh,
How they made us frown, how they made us hurt,
How they moved us to tears through the sheer
Enormity of their overwhelming love for us.
Love that does not compare to that of He,
Who so often goes unremembered

3 comments:

Bethany Mason said...

Wow, that's a really good poem Kess. I'm not that great at poetry, I'm much more a prose person.

Anna said...

I loved it too!
Life has been so busy today,
I haven't had time to breathe.
And yet,
there are words to write.
Can't wait for tomorrows surprise!
* shivers*
AML my sweet one,
Anna
xxxx

Kess said...

Thank you, both of you :) I think I'm more of a prose person too, Bethany, but I occasionally have the inspiration for a poem. And, Anna, you won't be waiting long!