Wednesday, 21 April 2010

#21 Back to Reality

Now that the holidays are over and everyone has returned to work and school, I have had to adjust to a quiet house for the last few days. I have another week to go until my lectures begin again, and I miss having my family around me during the day. I also miss the relaxed atmosphere we enjoy during the holidays. Now my parents are out for most of the day, and when they arrive home they spend most of the evening planning. 

I return to work myself tomorrow, although by choice. Now that my dissertation is almost complete I've taken on as many shifts as possible. With the expenses of a new car and insurance, plus the anticipation of the move, I am grateful for the money!

I travelled in to uni today to hand in two assignments and return some library books. I also made enquiries into the procedure of getting my dissertation printed and bound, and met a friend for lunch and a catch up. It was nice taking a couple of hours to chill out with her. 

I fell asleep on the bus home. Out of Africa almost slid out of my hands, but luckily I awoke and stowed it in my bag before returning to the land of slumber. When I woke up, about fifteen minutes before my stop, I realised how tired I am. We are nearing the end now, but it's been a long, intense process. There is still so much uncertainty ahead, but so much excitement too. I am ready for the next step now. I'm raring to go. 

4 comments:

Anna said...

WOW WOW WOW !
Out of Africa is one of my favourite books and movies!
We must be related.
:)
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anna said...

This is weird.
I left a comment and it won't show on your post :(
Anna
xxxxxxxxxxx

Anna said...

*Tries again*

WOW WOW WOW !
Out of Africa is one of my favourite books and movies!
We must be related.
:)
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kess said...

Hi sunshine :)

It did come up both times! Lol. I know blogger can be a bit temperamental at times.

I'm only about 30 pages into the book. I have the film on vhs but haven't watched it yet. Determined to wait until I've finished the book!

AML

Kess
xxxx