Thursday, 15 April 2010

#15 Perfect Day

Yesterday was one of those rare days where I achieved everything I set out to achieve. Everything just seemed to fall nicely into place. 

I woke up fairly late for me and had a hair appointment at eleven. After that it was nearly lunchtime. Once lunch was over I contemplated working on my dissertation for a bit but I was aware that I only had a couple of hours and it can be difficult to get working when time is limited. In the end I concluded that my time would be better spent completing one or two tasks that had been on my 'to do' list for some time. 

I still had a little time to spare and so got online and did some job hunting. I haven't heard back from job number 3 yet, and I need to keep my options open. I really need to obtain a job by July 5th because that is when I have arranged to move into my accommodation! I highlighted a few to apply for and applied for one online because the deadline for that is today. 

That particular job is ideal in every way. It is based in the area I will be living in. The hours are exactly what I'm looking for. It is in the same field that I'm currently working in. The salary is great. The only problem is it's a big step above what I'm doing. At the moment I only do relief work so, in terms of chess, it would be like a pawn being promoted to bishop! I think I'd be kidding myself to think they'd even consider me, but sometimes in life you have to shoot high. I'd love to be given the chance to prove myself and think if I was given the chance I could fit into the role. 

Last night I met up with Dearest Friend and we went to the cinema to see Dear John. It was brilliant, although there were one or two differences to the book, which is my favourite Nicholas Sparks novel. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favourite authors for light reading and I've read almost all his books. I think the film definitely did the book justice. 

7 comments:

Mariel said...

Kess, I agree with what you said. We really need to aim high sometimes. And besides, you won't lose anything, right?

And about the movie, I think it's amazing. I don't even mind if they changed it a bit. :)

Kess said...

Exactly :)

Yeah, I didn't mind about the changes either. They didn't make much difference to the plot which is the main thing!

Bethany Mason said...

Sounds like you had a great day and I love days like that. Am still keeping my fingers crossed for you though I'm sure you don't really need it and will find the perfect job x

Kess said...

Thanks Bethany :) It's a pity we don't get more days like that, but I suppose we are more appreciative of them as a result! x

Ashley said...

Good luck with job hunting! That's like my least favorite thing to do. Good for you for shooting high, though! Don't underestimate yourself!

Anna said...

My sentiments exactly Kess.
They will find a treasure in you when they hire you!
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxx

Kess said...

*Ashley* Thanks! I think I need it! Job hunting is no fun. It's a road of uncertainty

*Anna* Thanks for believing in me! It would be amazing if they did hire me!

AML

Kess
xxxxx