Saturday, 13 March 2010

Life's Small Surprises

I just spent my final birthday Waterstones token online, and discovered afterwards that I still have £15 left on the card! *Happy dance* I didn't actually know how much was on the card in the first place, but just assumed it was £10, like the others. It was a very pleasant surprise! 

It's 10.30, and despite being awake two hours I haven't done anything productive! I have no immediate deadlines until the end of April, and intend to take things easy today... Well, perhaps 'easier' would be a more appropriate word. I really need to write a poem for Tuesday's poetry workshop, and I want to start reading the next book on my 'Birth of the Novel' reading list: Joseph Andrews by Henry Fielding. I also need to put the finishing touches to two job application forms, and construct the accompanying letters. 

But still, I might wear a dress instead of my usual jeans, and enjoy a coffee in the garden if the sun holds on. I like Saturdays! :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Ah, that sounds like a fantastic Saturday! Have a good one!

Kess said...

Thanks Ashley! :) You too!

Anna said...

*But still, I might wear a dress instead of my usual jeans, and enjoy a coffee in the garden if the sun holds on.*

Loved this sentence!

Ah, coffee, garden, sun, you.

Love you Kess.
Anna
xxxxxxxxxx

Kess said...

Hehe :) I managed two out of the three - I wore a dress and sat out in the garden (never had that coffee in the end though!)

Love you too, sweetie :)

AML

Kess
xxxxxxxx